Thursday, March 3, 2011

Taking a break

Good morning friends. Just wanted to come here and say that I am taking a break from my bible plan about reading through the bible (I wasn't getting really far) and go back to the gospels. In a recent series of events, I was reminded of one simple truth.. We can't; in any way, shape, or form; think we have outgrown the gospel. It all begins, continues and ends with Jesus. From Genesis to Revelations the bible is pointing and describing all that will happen through Jesus.

In the book of John is says: In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son. John 1:1-5,14
I forget some times that my faith is not something that needs to be over complicated and even more so frustrating. In a world that achievement receives glory, I should always look at Jesus and know He did the greatest achievement and I just need to rest in Him.

Thank you God for this reminder and lead me to the cross.

0 comments:

Post a Comment