Monday, August 30, 2010

Exit


Sometimes my thoughts will get the best of me. I can go back to many instances in my life where I actually see and hear myself sabotaging myself. I remember I have been the type of person who during a conversation, I would think ahead of the conversation just so I can manipulate the topic in a way where I knew the next statement. Like a game of chess. It was a mess.

As I am writing I can laugh at myself but that's because I exited outside my own self-destructive personality and now can humbly say I have new purpose. That need to be right at all times is gone. I realized that the desire to make a point was really fear. I had been afraid for so long that others will have some authority over me. Its not like that anymore. I find that my authority figure is a loving God who wants to see me joyful. (Psalm 37:1-6)

With that reassurance, what is your heart telling you today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment