Monday, January 3, 2011

Sitting on a plane

My thoughts are running about a thousands miles faster than this plane. Even though I can never seem to remember what I did a few days ago, God has given me a heart to feel where my journey has taken me. There is a lot to say about this recent trip to my homeland, the place I grew up. Even though it has been years since I lived there having family there makes it home for me. It's pretty amazing to know that Heaven is also our home. That while we are foreigners on earth we feel connected back home through the Holy Spirit.




















We are all tourist on this journey. We see this more frequently in those who do not see it that way. Walking around with paper maps in shapes of there broken hearts. Looking for the place that doesn't exist. We are placing it on tables, dirty with the troubles of this world. Never able to locate the "You are here" in their heart-shaped maps. Walking aimless in a direction lead by what is seen but never the unseen. Like a carrot dangling over their head.

I can't say that I know where I will end up but I trust the navigator of my heart. A GPS that never fails. Jesus is my pilot in this maze of life and I may not be able to see out the window of this plane but I trust the pilot knows the way. So I sit here waiting to disembark in my next location of the journey.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:30,000 ft above land

0 comments:

Post a Comment